Amazigh village in Grenoble
The Collective of Franco-Moroccan Associations of Isere is organizing an Amazigh village in Paul Mistral Park in Grenoble (France) from May 13 to May 22. This unique fair will host a series of cultural events, debates and exhibitions devoted to the Amazigh culture.
<i>Yabiladi</i> reports that the fair will host two conferences, the first, under the theme “Berber Images and Berber Imaginations” (May 14), will deal with the origins of Amazigh culture and its current situation. It will present to the public Amazigh art, poetry and music. The second, titled “The Work of NGOs in Morocco” (May 21), will focus mainly on the role of Moroccan civil society in future developments in Morocco.
Apart from these conferences, stands of traditional craft industry of the Tadla-Azilal region, organized by several NGOs, will be presented throughout the entire fair and a playing space will be set for children.
- There's Something About Morocco: A Secret Brewing-Berber Revolution?
- The second conference of Amazighe poetry opens in Nador
- Ahmad Sultan was trying to become a surfer when he ended up at the EMAs
- Moroccan cinema gets nude and 'Tattooed'
- So much to see, so little time: Egypt's culture picks of the week 11-18 May