American copter attack kills nine inside Syria
Syria said on Sunday U.S. helicopters attacked a Syrian town near the Iraqi border, killing at least nine people. The official Syrian news agency SANA said the attack took place in the Bou Kamal border area, in eastern Syria.
Residents said the attack targeted a house in the area in which a man and his four sons and two nearby workers were killed. A Syrian government statement said Sunday's attack was on the Sukkariyeh Farm near the town of Abu Kamal, five miles inside the Syrian border. Four helicopters attacked a civilian building under construction, firing on the workers inside, shortly before sundown, the statement said.
- Syria decides to close American school and cultural center
- Syria blames Iraq and US for deadly attack in border village
- US frees Syrian troops injured in Iraqi border clash
- Syria launches air strike on Lebanon, kills nine
- Israel attacks Islamic Jihad and Hamas ''training camps'' on Syrian soil, one person wounded