American copter attack kills nine inside Syria
Syria said on Sunday U.S. helicopters attacked a Syrian town near the Iraqi border, killing at least nine people. The official Syrian news agency SANA said the attack took place in the Bou Kamal border area, in eastern Syria.
Residents said the attack targeted a house in the area in which a man and his four sons and two nearby workers were killed. A Syrian government statement said Sunday's attack was on the Sukkariyeh Farm near the town of Abu Kamal, five miles inside the Syrian border. Four helicopters attacked a civilian building under construction, firing on the workers inside, shortly before sundown, the statement said.
- Iraq: Two crew members die as US copter crashes while four other American troops killed
- Iraq: 14 US troops die in copter crash as 27 Iraqis killed in attack
- Two US troops die in copter crashes as three Iraqis killed in Fallujah attack
- US copter shot down as more deadly clashes reported in Kirkuk
- Nine Iraqis, two Americans killed in attacks