American Organization IRI holds conference in Tunis
The International Republican Institute (IRI), the Washington based non-profit organization supporting growth of the economic and political freedom and human rights around the world, organized an international conference on “public opinion” in Tunis (September 24-25). La Presse reports that the conference was inaugurated in Gammarth on September 24 by William J. Hudson, the ambassador of the United States in Tunisia. At the time of the opening of the conference, Hudson noted that this conference is a clear indication of the changes accomplished by the democratization process in the Middle East and North Africa. Representatives of several civil society organizations from the region including Morocco, Jordan, Kuwait and Egypt took part in the conference.
- William J. Hudson nominated as US Ambassador to Tunisia
- Leaders of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) and the Council of Muslim Organizations (CMO) hold a press conference in Washington, DC, on May 8, 2014 to call for the immediate release of the schoolgirls kidnapped in Nigeria by the terrorist
- Tunis declaration issued at end of 16th session of Arab Summit - May 22-23, 2004
- National Arab Motors Holds Press Conference to Announce the Details of the Semi Finals of the Kia Champ into the Arena Tournament
- Organization of American States