American University in Beirut to honor Prof. Zewail
The American University in Beirut has announced it will grant the Egyptian scientist Ahmed Zewail an honorary degree on the occasion marking the graduation of the 136th batch on June 25.
The university, in a press release, mentioned that Prof Zewail won the 1999 Nobel Prize for science and was the first Arab to get such a prestigious award. The Egyptian national, 59, is an advocate of understanding between the Arabs and the Western countries, added the statement.
- One university's trash is another's treasure: prof fired over Israel tweets is hired by AUB
- Zewail delivers inaugural Zewail Foundation Public Lecture at AUC
- American University of Beirut
- Lebanese American University to honor humanitarian and businessman at New York Gala
- American University of Beirut Medical Center receives highest Nursing Credential with Prestigious Magnet Recognition . . . again