American University to Open Branch in Qatar that Admits Israelis
The American University “Cornell” announced Monday that it would open a branch of its faculty of medicine in Qatar, that will accept Israeli students, according to a report published in the London-based Asharq Al Awsat newspaper.
The Arabic daily said Cornell will invest 750 million dollars in this project over the next 11 years. Tuition fees will be paid to the mother university, and graduates of the Qatar branch will be granted the same degree awarded to graduates of the parent college in New York.
Hunter Rollings, president of Cornell University, was quoted as saying that the future branch of the faculty of medicine in Qatar would follow an admission policy based on non-discrimination as is the case at the parent University. The college will accept Jews and even Israelis as students and faculty members. He added that some of the university’s Jewish trustees and graduates have expressed their concerns “but when they received further information about Qatar and its aspirations, they supported the project.” – Albawaba.com
- ALHOSN opens campus branch for Emirates National Students Union
- Jordanian Students Admitted to Israeli College
- Polycom real presence video collaboration helps students and educators at universities in the Gulf collaborate and share knowledge with overseas universities
- Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar introduces Summer College Preview Program
- All expenses paid propaganda trip? American Muslims justify why they took a Zionist tour