Amr Moussa on Urgent Mission to Riyadh, Damascus
Egyptian Foreign Minister Amr Moussa will visit on Monday Saudi Arabia and Syria on a mission described by the Emirati daily, Al Bayan, as “urgent.”
The paper said the trip was behind the postponement of a farewell ceremony of the minister organized by his staff.
Moussa will become the next Arab League Secretary as decided by the Amman Arab summit in March, succeeding the incumbent Esmat Abdel Meguid.
Al Bayan said Sunday that Moussa will convey messages to both King Fahd and Syrian President Bashar Al Assad. He will also meet with his counterparts Saud Al Faisal of Saudi Arabia and Syrian Farouq Shara whom he will brief on the results of a European tour by Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak which took him to Germany, Romania and Russia. The meeting between Mubarak and Israeli Foreign Minister Simon Peres scheduled Sunday will also be on the meeting’s agenda – Albawaba.com
- Moussa: Arab League to Turn Saudi Proposal Into Arab Plan; Arafat to Attend Summit
- Egypt’s Moussa Ends Tour, Says He Carries Saudi, Syrian Messages to Mubarak
- Mubarak to Hold Summit with Syria’s Assad in Damascus Sunday
- Saudi, Egyptian and Syrian FMs Meet in Riyadh to Discuss Middle East Crisis
- Mubarak Holds Talks with Assad