Annan: UN team confirms full Syrian withdrawal from Lebanon
United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan announced that the UN verification team sent to Lebanon has confirmed the full withdrawal of Syrian troops from Lebanon.
Annan, in statements published Monday evening, described the team’s report in this regard as positive, adding that the UN should be proud of it, the official SANA news agency reported Tuesday.
The verification team pointed out to the cooperation given to it by the Syrian and Lebanese governments. The team detailed all of its activities in various Lebanese areas, and was assured of the full and total withdrawal of Syrian troops and their equipment from Lebanon.
- Annan: Assad committed for full Lebanon withdrawal
- Syria ruling party OKs some political reforms as Annan says Lebanon full withdrawal in question
- Daily Star: Controversy over Confirmation of Withdrawal Stems from ‘Larsen’s Ego and Annan’s Travel Plans’
- Syria tells UN: Full withdrawal before Lebanon elections
- Officials hint Syria preparing to withdraw all troops from Lebanon