Another blast reported at Lebanon’s Ein el-Hilweh camp
A small bomb exploded Tuesday in Lebanon's largest Palestinian refugee camp, damaging the car of a Fatah official's bodyguard. It was the latest in a series of incidents believed linked to power struggles in the camp.
Lebanese security officials said the explosion at 3:30 a.m. local time slightly damaged a BMW belonging to Mahmoud al-Barmawi. According to AP, Barmawi is a bodyguard of Khaled Aref, the Ein el-Hilweh head of Fatah movement.
Additionally, the blast shattered glass at two nearby shops and a pharmacy, according to Palestinian officials in Ein el-Hilweh. The incidents, which started Friday, were believed to be within a framework of a power struggle among rival Palestinians factions. On Sunday, three Hamas men were wounded in a shootout inside the camp, which lies on the outskirts of the southern Lebanese city of Sidon. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Funeral bombing, shootings continue to paralyze Lebanon's Ain Al Hilweh
- Another bomb explosion in Lebanon's Ein el-Hilweh Palestinian refugee camp
- Palestinian vendor shot dead in Ein el-Hilweh camp
- Blast in Lebanon's largest Palestinian refugee camp
- Ein El-Hilweh cease-fire may collapse after assassinatin of Fatah activist