Arab Israeli Cabinet Minister Threatens to Quit
Arab Israeli minister Salah Tarif threatened on Monday to resign from his post in the Israeli government “unless he is given substantive responsibilities,” reported Haaretz newspaper.
Tarif, a minister without portfolio, is the first Arab Israeli to become a cabinet member.
Tarif, a follower of the Druze religion, has served in the Israeli army and has been a member of the Knesset since 1992 – Albawaba.com
- Tarif to Head Israeli Arab Affairs in Sharon’s Government
- Israel to Have First-Ever Arab Government Minister
- Israeli Arab Cabinet Minister to Convey Message from Sharon to Jordan’s Monarch
- Israel’s Minister for Arab Affairs Resigns
- Police Recommend Legal Action Against Israel's First Arab Minister for Corruption