Arab Israeli Cabinet Minister Threatens to Quit
Arab Israeli minister Salah Tarif threatened on Monday to resign from his post in the Israeli government “unless he is given substantive responsibilities,” reported Haaretz newspaper.
Tarif, a minister without portfolio, is the first Arab Israeli to become a cabinet member.
Tarif, a follower of the Druze religion, has served in the Israeli army and has been a member of the Knesset since 1992 – Albawaba.com
- Officials meet to prepare Sharon-Qurei summit as settler party threatens to quit cabinet
- Israeli Arab Newspaper Threatens Hanging for Arab-Israeli Voters
- CIA Continues Preparations To Striking Iraq; First British Minister Threatens To Quit in Case of Attack
- Peres Threatens to Quit Government
- Sharon Says Troops Will Not Stay in PA Areas Forever; Labor Threatens to Quit Gov't