Arab Israeli Kills Sister for Violating ‘Family Honor’
An Arab Israeli young man has allegedly killed his sister for honor reasons, The Jerusalem Post reported Sunday.
Nizar Abu Moch, 25, of Baka al-Gharbiya, was arrested Saturday on suspicion of stabbing to death his sister, Samar Abu Moch, 36, a divorced mother of four, the Israeli paper said.
Police was quoted by the daily as saying that Abu Moch allegedly came to his sister's home armed with a knife and stabbed her while her children were in the next room for violating the "family honor," accusing her of seeing someone of whom he did not approve. He was remanded for five days by a Nazareth Magistrate's Court judge.
Honor Killing is a common phenomenon in the conservative Arab and Muslim societies. In Jordan there has been a campaign to abolish article 340 of the penal law, which stipulates reduced sentences for convicts of the crime. Parliament has refused to adopt the amendment -- Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Jordan's Conservative Society Trying to Combat Honor Killings
- Jordan: Irbid man beheads sister, stabs nephew to death in honor killing
- Dishonouring sister by 5 gun shots is an Honor killing for Jordanian brother
- Family Believes Arab-Israeli Reporter Arrested by PA
- Ceasefire violated, Palestinian death toll rising and no likelihood of peace. Is Israel taking revenge?