Arab League Chief slams renewal of US sanctions against Libya
Arab League Head Amr Mussa blasted as unjustified Sunday the renewal for another year of US economic sanctions on Libya that were first imposed back in 1986.
"As the UN Security Council has suspended the sanctions on Libya ... there is no justification for any sanction," Mussa told reporters at the headquarters of the pan-Arab organization, according to AFP.
President George W. Bush renewed the sanctions on Friday, saying obligations linked to them had not been resolved. (Albawaba.com)
- Libya: Renewal of US sanctions - '\'Cold War'\' act
- Libya Reiterates Condemnation of US Over Sanctions Law
- Following Kadhafi, Mussa Talks: Libya Confirms Participation At Arab Summit; Libya May Postpone Arab League Quit Threat
- Arab League Advocates Lifting Sanctions against Libya
- Russia lifts Libya sanctions