Arab League Committee to Meet on Mechanism for Summit
A five-member Arab league committee charged with reviewing a mechanism of holding an Arab summit is due to meet on June 6, assistant secretary general Ahmad bin Hilli was quoted by Kuwait News Agency as saying Monday.
Bin Hilli said that he "discussed today arrangements for the said meeting with the Yemeni representative to the league Ahmad bin Lukman, whose country proposed setting up this panel in cooperation with the league's general secretariat", added KUNA.
The ministerial council had decided during its recent meeting in Beirut to form a technical committee that groups egypt, syria, oman, syria and tunisia and the Arab league to discuss a mechanism on holding the summit regularly. Bin Hilli said that some 80 percent of the mechanism had been completed, adding that the remaining 20 percent requires the views of foreign ministers themselves.
The committee held several meetings at the level of permanent representatives to discuss proposals of member states on this mechanism, added the agency - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Arab Foreign Ministers Agree on Mechanisms to Help Palestinians Financially
- Beirut summit follow-up committee to hold first meeting in June
- Arab League Committee on Palestinian Crisis to Meet in Cairo Next Month
- Arab League Committee Meeting on US Peace Plan Bumped to Thursday
- Five FMs to Decide on Regular Arab Summit in September