Arab League meeting on Israeli-Palestinian peace talks to commence today
President Mahmoud Abbas arrived in Egypt on Tuesday for an emergency meeting of Arab League foreign ministers.
Abbas was greeted at Cairo airport by Egyptian minister of civil aviation Hussam Kamal and a Palestinian diplomatic delegation led by ambassador Barakat Al Farra.
He was accompanied by chief negotiator Saeb Erekat and foreign minister Riyadh Al Malki.
They were scheduled to meet Arab League secretary-general Nabli Al Arabi later Tuesday.
- Abbas to meet with Egyptian President in Cairo to discuss peace talks, reconciliation
- Arab League backs indirect Israeli - Palestinian talks
- Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas begins three-day visit to Egypt
- Abbas wants to extend peace talks past deadline
- Arab League supports direct talks at Palestinian pace