Arab Ministers Meet in Algiers to Tap Large Potential of Tourism
Arab ministers of tourism and officials in charge of tourism and transport federation in 22 Arab states met in Algiers Wednesday, reported ArabicNews.com
The meeting was held in the framework of the 3rd session of the Arab ministerial council for tourism.
It also being held at a time when the Arab states faces a challenge to prove the role played by tourism to support economic development and to make it a basic element of the gross national product (GNP), the agency said, quoting an Algerian tourism as saying.
The agency quoted news reports as saying that the share of the Arab states of international tourism does not exceed percent although the Arab states constitute 4 percent of the world's total population.
The officials added that the council will issue recommendation in conclusion of its meetings that will set a charter which defines the framework of inter-Arab tourism cooperation at the level of drawing joint investment policies, according to the agency - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Ministerial meeting in Algiers on economic development
- UAE and Ukraine seal the deal
- 100-strong travel delegation from sri lanka to participate at atm - \deputy minister to spearhead tourism drive at middle east event
- Arab Tourism Ministers To Meet in Cairo
- Two celebrations in one: Egypt's investments expected to rise 33% with new constitution