Arab Ministers to Meet in Cairo for Power Grid Projects
The executive bureau of the Arab ministers in charge of electricity met on Thursday in Cairo to discuss interconnectivity projects.
The meeting was held under the chairmanship of Hashem Abdullah Yamani, Saudi Arabia’s minister of industry and electricity, reported the official Saudi News Agency (SPA).
In his inaugural speech, Yamani stressed the progress in creating Arab power grid linkage, said the agency, adding that the ministers would discuss a number of related issues including recommendations submitted by industry experts who concluded their meetings on Wednesday.
There are already projects linking Egypt with Jordan, Syria, Lebanon to the east, and Libya and the Maghreb countries to the west - Albawaba.com
- Arab, Turkish Electricity and Energy Ministers Meet on Power Sharing
- Egypt's new power station brightens hopes for summer's supply
- Arab Youth Ministers' Executive Bureau to Hold Meeting in Cairo
- Upcoming Power Project Opportunities Totaling More Than $30 Billion to Be Presented in Cairo
- Mubarak and Kadhafi to Inaugurate the Electricity Interconnectivity Project