Arab MK Refuses to Meet with Israeli President
By Izzat Ramini
Albawaba.com – Ramallah
Arab member of the Israeli parliament, Ahmad Tibi, has refused to meet with Israeli President Moshe Katsav.
A statement issued by Tibi’s office Monday, of which Albawba.com has obtained a copy, said that “an invitation has been forwarded to Dr. Tibi from the President’s Office to meet and discuss issues related to the Arab citizens, but Tibi officially informed the President’s Office that he refuses to meet with him because of the president’s hostile stand” against the 1948 Palestinians and due to “his support for the police that are committing crimes against our people.”
Arab leaders in Israel accuse the police of deliberately killing 13 Palestinians in the Arab cities when they demonstrated in solidarity with the Palestinians in the West bank and Gaza early October.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Arab MK: We Demand Official Probe into Killings of Israeli Arabs
- Israeli Court Top Judge Names Committee Members to Inquire into Killing of Arab Citizens
- Ahmed Tibi disqualified from running in Israel general elections
- Israeli parliament restricts member Ahmed Tibi's freedom of movement
- Tibi: Jewish Settlers Seek Arafat’s Help To Sell Homes