Arab Specialists Convene in Manama to Discuss Diabetes
More than 100 Arab doctors and health specialists participated Saturday in a regional conference on diabetes in Manama, reported the Gulf News.
The three-day conference on ‘Diabetes in the Arab World’ is organized by the Bahrain Diabetic Society (BDS) in cooperation with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Diabetes Association (IDA) for the Middle East and Mediterranean Region, said the paper.
Participants will discuss 42 papers, covering various aspects of the disease, ways to control it and limit its negative effects on health, society and the economy.
The BDS hopes that the event will spread further awareness among the public and provide participants with the latest information on developments in the field.
The conference is the sixth being organized by the society that deals with the epidemiology and control of diabetes, said the paper – Albawaba.com
- Sanofi-aventis Provides Unrestricted Educational Grant to 40 Gulf Doctors to participate in the Cardiff University Post Graduate Diabetes Diploma
- Oramed Pharmaceuticals was Chosen to Present Results of a GLP-1 Analog Oral Administration Study
- World Anti-Aging Experts to Convene in Dubai
- Top international experts in stem cell research convene for the Qatar International Conference on Stem Cell Science and Policy
- Samsung Electronics CEO BK Yoon Shares Innovation Strategy at the Government Summit in UAE