Arafat approves new cabinet
Palestinian president Yasser Arafat announced Sunday that he has approved the new cabinet of Palestinian-prime minister designate, Ahmed Qurei (Abu Ala).
In the afternoon, Arafat met with Qurei to discuss the final composition of the new cabinet. The two announced that the Palestinian parliament will convene Wednesday to approve the cabinet.
Qurei announced at a press conference after the meeting
that the PA has decided on a series of steps intended to improve the security situation. He described the current situation as unbearable. (Albawaba.com)
- Palestinian PM says new cabinet has been set up
- Palestinian crisis: PM decides not to quit
- Palestinian PM denies reports about possible resignation following argument with Arafat
- Arafat said to support changes in Palestinian cabinet
- Fatah claims suicide attack near Tulkarem as Qurei reportedly asks Arafat to quit