Arafat calls to stop attacks on Israeli civilians ahead of elections
Palestinian President Yasser Arafat urged Palestinian groups to halt attacks on Israeli civilians ahead of an Israeli election.
In a Palestinian cabinet statement released on Saturday, Arafat was quoted as saying he rejected "all acts of violence that target Palestinian and Israeli civilians."
"Attacks against Israeli civilians have severely harmed our cause in the international arena and in Israeli public opinion," the Palestinian cabinet statement said.
"As the Israeli election date (January 28) is getting closer, we appeal to all our people to practice self-restraint." (Albawaba.com)
- Three Islamic Jihad activists killed, Hamas rejects Arafat call to stop attacks on Israelis
- Sheikh Yassin says Hamas ready to stop attacks against Israeli civilians; PA Central Elections Committee to convene
- Internal debate within Fatah regarding draft document calling to stop attacks against Israeli civilians
- Bush strongly condemns Gaza attack; Arafat calls international community to stop ''Israeli crimes''
- Yemeni President Calls on Bush to Stop Israeli Attacks on Palestinians