Arafat Calls for Urgent Meeting with Palestinian Leadership in Gaza Monday Evening
By Izzat Ramini
Palestinian President Yasser Arafat called for an urgent meeting with the Palestinian leadership in Gaza Monday evening.
Sources told Albawaba.com that Arafat would discuss the results of the two-day Arab summit, which was held Saturday and Sunday in Cairo.
Arafat would also discuss with Palestinian leaders the escalating situation in Palestinian territories that are witnessing bloody confrontations between Palestinian demonstrators and Israeli troops.
The sources added that Israeli forces may prevent Palestinian leaders in the West Bank from attending the meeting in Gaza due to the siege imposed by Israeli forces on the West Bank lands.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Report: Arafat, Peres can Meet if Quiet Lasts Until Monday Evening
- Palestinian Leadership Due to Meet ‘to Evaluate the Situation’
- Palestinian Leadership to Hold Emergency Meeting after Arafat's Return from Amman
- Arab League calls on UN to hold emergency meeting on Gaza
- Hamas Claims Responsibility for Haifa Bus Attack; Arafat Issues Condemnation and Calls for Urgent Meeting