Arafat due in Amman Wednesday for Talks with King Abdullah
Palestinian president Yasser Arafat is due in Amman Wednesday for talks with king Abdullah II on the hold-up in the peace process with Israel, Palestinian ambassador to Jordan Omar Khatib said.
During his brief visit, Arafat "will inform King Abdullah about the hold-up in the Israeli-Palestinian peace process" towards a definitive status for the Palestinian territories and about "Israeli intransigence in putting agreements already reached into practice," Khatib told AFP Tuesday.
Arafat will also inform the king of the results of his recent meeting in Washington with US President Bill Clinton, the diplomat added, saying the Palestinian-Jordanian summit "is part of the regular consultations" between the two sides.
King Abdullah went to the West Bank town of Ramallah April 25th, where he met the Palestinian president. It was his second visit to the Palestinian territories since he came to power in February 1999 - AMMAN (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Arafat Arrives in Amman for Talks with King Abdullah
- Arafat to Meet with King Abdullah in Amman Tuesday
- Arafat to Brief Jordan\'s King Abdullah on Washington Talks
- King Abdullah Due in Moscow for Talks with Putin
- Palestinian President Abbas to meet with Jordan's King Abdullah Wednesday to agree to joint position on peace talks