Arafat in Egypt Sunday for Talks with Mubarak on Palestinian Crisis
Palestinian President Yasser Arafat will arrive Sunday in Egypt for talks with his Egyptian counterpart, Hosni Mubarak, on the latest developments in the Occupied Territories, reported the Cairo-based Al Gomhouriya newspaper.
Arafat will brief the Egyptian leader on the outcome of his recent meeting with Israeli Foreign Minister Shimon Peres, as well as Israel’s latest attacks on the Palestinians, a Palestinian official said.
The two leaders will also discuss international efforts to put a halt a year-long bloodshed in the territories.
Violence flared again in the Palestinian territories on Friday and Saturday despite an agreement by Arafat and Peres earlier in the week to bolster a truce declared on September 18.
Mubarak has recently stepped up calls for a solution to the Palestinian question, which he sees as a source of frustrations that have created a fertile ground for the growth of terrorism – Albawaba.com
- Arafat Heads for Egypt for Talks on Middle East Crisis with Mubarak
- Palestinian Leader Arrives in Egypt for Talks with Mubarak
- CIA Chief, Mubarak Hold Brief Talks, Next Palestinian-Israeli Security Meeting Set for Sunday
- Mubarak, Arafat Discuss Palestinian Crisis
- Egyptians Cheer Arafat as he Arrives for Talks with Mubarak