Armed Confrontations Renew in Gaza
An exchange of fire was reported Thursday noon between Palestinians and Israeli soldiers at the Erez crossing point between Israel and the Gaza Strip following the killing of a Palestinian in the same area by Israeli soldiers in an exchange of fire, according to The Jerusalem Post newspaper.
The paper said that Palestinians detonated a second explosive device in the ongoing clashes, but no injuries were reported.
Israeli radio reported Thursday morning that Israeli soldiers shot and killed a Palestinian during an exchange of fire at the same area following a bomb explosion near an Israeli army patrol.
The report said that the patrol spotted two Palestinians who set off the bomb and fired on them, killing one of them and wounding the second.
According to paper, there were no injuries among the Israeli soldiers.
In the meantime, the paper quoted the army radio as saying that a Jewish settler was lightly injured Wednesday night in Ramallah.
There were no further details - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Several Israeli Soldiers Injured in Bomb Explosions in Gaza Strip
- Report: Armed Palestinians Open Fire on Israeli Soldiers in West Bank, No Injuries
- Exchange of Fire Reported in West Bank, no Injuries
- Report: Israeli Bus Comes Under Fire in Gaza strip, No Injuries
- Report: Armed Palestinians Open Fire on Israeli Soldiers in Gaza, No Injuries