Armed Egyptian trying to enter Gaza Strip shot dead
Israeli soldiers shot and killed a 21-year-old Egyptian man who tried earlier this week to cross from Egypt into the Gaza Strip carrying explosives, Egyptian security sources said.
Milad Mohamed Hemeida, who was from the Nile Delta region, was carrying explosives when he tried Tuesday to infiltrate into the southern Gaza Strip near Rafah, but Israeli soldiers opened fire, the sources told AFP.
Israeli soldiers later handed Hemeida's body over to the Egyptian authorities who brought his body to the morgue in El-Arish. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian Policeman Shot Dead by Israeli Fire in Gaza Strip
- Egyptian troops shoot dead Palestinian youth at Gaza border
- Gaza Strip: Israel tries to kill prominent Palestinian fighter; Five Palestinians shot dead
- Jordanian trying to enter Israel shot dead
- Two Palestinians shot dead; Israel raids Hebron; PA, Hamas try to ease Gaza Strip tensions