Army: Israeli Officer Seriously Wounded in Grenade Explosion
An Israeli army officer was seriously wounded overnight in an accidental grenade explosion, which slightly wounded three soldiers, a military source said Monday.
The incident happened inside a tank in position near the Misgav-Am kibbutz, near the border between Israel and Lebanon.
The victims were taken to a hospital in Israel and the army has opened an inquiry into the cause of the accident -- JERUSALEM (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel Returns Fire Aimed at Jewish Area, Settler Wounded in Car
- Three Israeli soldiers wounded in military base explosion
- Israeli Soldier Wounded by Lebanese Stone Throwers at Border
- Israel shells south Lebanon in retaliation for bomb targeting Israeli soldiers
- Israeli Civilian Seriously Wounded by Gunfire from Lebanon