Asfour leaves hospital, says Israel might be behind attack
The Palestinian minister for non-governmental organizations, Hassan Asfour, said Israel could be behind his beating by five masked men in the West Bank city of Ramallah.
"It could be that Israeli hands" were behind the attack, Asfour told Qatar's Al-Jazeera satellite television channel Tuesday.
The attackers wanted to "attack a number of symbols of the Palestinian leadership to create a situation of anarchy and disruption," he said.
"This action is foreign to our society, our Palestinian people and our principles," Asfour added on leaving Ramallah's Sheikh Zayed hospital after being treated for his injuries. Asfour and his bodyguard were attacked near the minister's home at 1900 GMT on Monday. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Hizbullah says Israel behind assassination of top member in Beirut car blast
- Masked people beat Palestinian minister
- PA says Tel Aviv attack serves Sharon interests; U.K.: Israel likely not to change decision on London conference
- Obama calls Boston Marathon attack an "act of terror"
- Kabul suicide attack on UK diplomats leaves six dead