Assad expresses support for Sudan
Syria's President Bashar al-Assad received at al-Rawda Palace on Monday Sudanese Interior Minister Gen. Abdul Raheem Mohamed Hussein.
Hussein handed al-Assad a letter from President Omar Hassan al-Bashir of Sudan regarding the situation in Darfour and the existing negotiations for realizing peace and security in this region.
The Syrian leader stressed Syria stands by the "brotherly" country of Sudan for preserving its territorial integrity and sovereignty, SANA reported.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Al-Bashir: Sudan Backs Morocco's Territorial Integrity
- There's no blaming 'outside forces' this time: Al-Assad loses supporters over $50 million glitzy mall investment
- Assad lends support to Russia over Ukraine
- Iran expresses its supports of Iraq’s stability and integrity
- Violence Continues As Zinni Holds Second Round of Talks; EU Leaders Express Support For Independent Palestinian State