Assad reiterates support for Palestinians
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad underlined on Monday Syria's "standing with full force by the side of the Arab Palestinian people in his ordeal in front of the Israeli oppressive machine."
Heading a meeting of the National Progressive Front, President Assad spoke about efforts that Syria is exerting to support and advocate the Palestinian people and make their national dialogue a success.
"The aggressive Israeli stances and the falsified accusations it is directing to the national forces on the Arab arena will not but make us more insistent on the Arab rights and more committed to our positions," the Syrian leader stated, according to SANA.
President Assad renewed emphasizing back to the political process and development of relations with Iraq on the basis of securing the Iraqi National Unity and achieving withdrawal of the occupation forces expressing "Syria's readiness to extend all aid in this respect."
- GCC Reiterates Support for Palestine, Position on Iraq, Iran
- Assad reiterates support to Hizbullah, Palestinian groups; says Syria to “defend itself” if attacked by Israel
- Assad Reiterates Backing for Anti-Terror Efforts, but Differs with Blair on Definition of 'Terrorism'
- UAE Reiterates Support to Palestinians
- Saudi Arabia Reiterates Support for Palestinian Cause