Assad slams U.S. Middle East policy
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad told Tuesday US Middle East envoy William Burns that "the United States does not seem able to understand events in the Middle East," official Syrian radio reported.
"The United States seems incapable of understanding the reality of the Middle East, and that is dangerous," Assad said. "Because that means that US policy in the Middle East is not founded on the veracity of events but rather on biased sources, particularly Israeli," he added.
"The American vision of a Palestinian state is not sufficient, the United States must intervene rapidly to end the war of extermination being waged by (Israeli Prime Minister) Ariel Sharon against the Palestinian people," Assad was quoted as saying. (Albawaba.com)
- Assad slams Western policies in the Middle East
- Damascus Radio slams US policy towards Middle-east crisis
- Assad slams Sharon's ''war government''
- Syria slams US human right report as Powell ''disappointed'' with Assad policy
- Thousands mark UN anti-racism day around the world, as anti-war activists protest US policy in the Middle East