Attack against Iraqi army bus in Fallujah
Iraqi resistance fighters fired a rocket propelled grenade Saturday at a bus carrying Iraqi troops west of Baghdad, wounding five of them and a civilian bystander, officials said.
The attack against the Iraqi army bus took place near the mayor's office in Fallujah, said 1st Lt. Raad Mussab of Iraq's army. The attackers escaped.
Elsewhere, the U.S. military said a roadside bomb Friday exploded in Baghdad, injuring two U.S. soldiers.
Also Saturday, some 200 former employees of the Ministry of Information gathered near the occupation headquarters in Baghdad to demand salaries. The employees were fired in May 2003 after occupation authorities dissolved the ministry.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Two US troops killed in Fallujah as Iraqi civilian killed in Baghdad attack
- Huge blasts rock Baghdad as more attacks reported in Fallujah, Mosul
- US forces report killing of 26 Iraqi resistance fighters
- US soldier killed, three wounded as clashes reported in Baghdad
- Two Iraqis killed, at least eight US soldiers wounded in separate incidents