AUB to hold 42nd Middle East Medical Assembly
The American University of Beirut and the Medical Chapter of the AUB Alumni Association, in joint sponsorship with the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, are holding the 42nd Middle East Medical Assembly (MEMA) April 23-26, 2009.
The meeting will include presentations on the latest advances in neurological and blood diseases, cancer, brain function, women's diseases, hypertension and heart diseases, pediatrics and the impact of modern life on children, pain management, and eye diseases.
The opening ceremony will take place on April 23 at 5.30pm in Assembly Hall, and will include speeches by AUB President Peter Dorman, Dr Georges Aftimos, the president of the Lebanese Order of Physicians; Dr Fuad Jubran from the Cleveland Clinic International Center; Dr Ibrahim Salti, the MEMA chair; Dr Georges Abi Saad, the president of the Medical Alumni Chapter; and Dr Nadim Cortas, VP and Dean at the Faculty of Medicine.
- Hassib Jerius Sabbagh, AUB trustee and benefactor, dies
- AUBMC highlights latest medical advances and expansion plans during launch of its international medical congress
- International medical congress launched at a press conference on Monday, April 12
- Could Lord of the Rings hold the answer in how to defeat Daesh?
- The inaugural Jordan-U.S. Business Forum culminates in the signing of eleven major agreements