Austrian President receives Syrian People’s Assembly speaker
Austrian President Thomas Klistel received in Vienna Monday the Syrian People’s Assembly Speaker, Abdul Qader Qaddoura and an accompanying delegation.
During the meeting, talks focused on the dangerous situation in the Middle East, especially US threats to attack Iraq as well as the deteriorated situation in the Palestinian arena.
In addition, talks dealt with issues of mutual concern. Viewpoints were identical regarding the discussed matters, particularly issues related to bilateral relations, SANA news agency reported. The Austrian President and Qaddoura stressed the importance of the European role in the region. The Austrian President, for his part, emphasized his country’s rejection to action out of the international legitimacy and United Nations resolutions.
In return, Qaddoura affirmed Damascus’ rejection to any military action against Baghdad, especially following Iraq’s unconditional approval of the UN weapon inspections return to Iraq. (Albawaba.com)
- Syrian People’s Assembly Speaker receives British Parliamentarian Delegation
- Syrian People’s Assembly Speaker receives Somali counterpart
- Syrian People’s Assembly Speaker receives Algerian National Council members
- Syrian People’s Assembly Speaker receives Arab, Int’l delegation chiefs
- Syrian Foreign Minister receives Algerian counterpart