BAE Systems Strenghthens Its Regional Presence Bahrain International Airshow 2010
Simon Keith, Managing Director - Middle East, Africa & Asia Pacific for BAE Systems, said, “I would like to congratulate the people of Bahrain on the success of the inaugural Bahrain International Airshow. The Airshow has provided the Kingdom with a platform for companies in the aviation sector to showcase innovations and share expertise.
“I commend Bahrain’s Civil Aviation Affairs for providing us with this opportunity, which has been extremely positive for the region’s aviation industry.”
As the premier global defence, security and aerospace company, BAE Systems is well known for its leading fighter aircraft and is now leading the way in the UK’s unmanned autonomous air capability.
MANTIS and HERTI are next-generation autonomous aircraft systems, with emphasis placed on the levels of autonomy designed into the system and the concept of operations developed for effective deployment and operation.
Eurofighter Typhoon, Europe’s newest high-performance multi-role fighter, is capable of deployment in a wide range of roles, including air policing, air defence as well as ground attack. The Typhoon is a multi-role/swing-role combat aircraft that is in service with the four partner nations of Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK as well as export customers, Austria and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Finmeccanica at the Dubai Airshow 2009: high-tech partnership with the UAE aeronautics and defence industry
- British Army to Showcase Goodrich ISR Systems Technology at Bahrain International Airshow 2010
- BAE Systems Unmanned Air Systems and Eurofighter Typhoon to be displayed at the Bahrain International Air Show 2010
- Royal Bahraini Air Force Hawks Thrill Crowds At Inaugural Bahrain International Airshow
- Oasis leasing secures $10 million investment from BAE Systems