Bomb blast in Baghdad kills 9
At least nine people were killed in a bombing in central Baghdad Sunday, AFP reports. Another 23 people were injured.
A police officer said the initial blast was followed by a suicide bombing, while an Iraqi interior ministry official said the attack was a roadside bomb.
According to AFP, no one has claimed responsibility for the bombing.
This attack comes amid increased violence as militants from the jihadist group ISIL attempt to take over Iraqi cities. After capturing Mosul and other key towns, the group has set its sights on Baghdad.
- 70 killed and wounded in Baghdad market blast
- Report Claims Arafat will Take Refuge in Baghdad if Violence Increases
- Three killed in Kirkuk market blast as first Dutch soldier dies in Samawa; Baghdad: Russian killed; two taken hostage
- At least 23 Iraqis die in blast, US bombing; Two American soldiers killed
- Breaking News--Iraq has another day of NO bombs!