Baghdad to host Emergency meeting of Arab Solidarity Committees
Adviser to the Yemeni President and Chairman of the Yemeni Peace and Solidarity Council Dr. Hassan Mohammad Makki headed to the Iraqi capital Sunday to attend a three-day emergency meeting of the Arab Solidarity Committees, due to open in Baghdad Monday.
Dr. Hassan told reporters that the meeting is to be held at the invitation of the Afro-Asian Organization for Solidarity with the Iraqi people, according to the Qatari news agency.
In addition, he said the meeting would discuss means of strengthening pan-Arab solidarity against the US threats to strike Iraq as well as ways of warding off the “brutal Zionist acts of aggression” against the Palestinians. (Albawaba.com)
- Moussa Describes Meeting With Saddam As '\'Very Positive'\'
- Arab MPs From Nine Countries Head for Baghdad to Show Solidarity
- Saddam praises Palestinian struggle; calls on Arab world to show solidarity
- Syrian People’s Assembly Speaker to attend APU Council meeting in Baghdad
- Mauritania figures send cable to Iraqi leader