Bahrain Backs Urgent Arab Summit
Bahrain on Tuesday backed calls for an urgent Arab summit to support the Palestinians against "Israel's savage aggression", the official news agency GNA reported.
A foreign ministry spokesman, quoted by GNA, said the summit was "an urgent necessity to restore Arab solidarity and defend Arab causes".
The leaders of Egypt and Syria called for the summit on Monday in the face of clashes since September 28 in the Palestinian territories and Israel that have killed 57 people, all but three of which are Arabs.
Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates -- which along with Bahrain, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia make up the Gulf Cooperation Council -- have also come out in support of an Arab summit, along with Jordan and the Palestinians - MANAMA (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Syrian Communist Party Calls for Urgent Arab Summit to Support Palestinians
- Saudi Backs Emergency Arab Summit on Palestinian Killings
- Syria calls for urgent Arab summit
- Summit on the Global Agenda Open Forums call for urgent action on water security and education reforms
- Syria to be focus of Arab Summit as GCC rift put on the back burner