Bahrain deports top Iraqi diplomat
Bahrain announced Wednesday the expulsion of the first secretary at Iraq's embassy and linked him to an explosion outside a giant US naval base.
Iraq's charge d'affaires Abdullah Jaburi was called to the foreign ministry and informed of the order against Nazem Jawad to leave, the state-run Bahrain News Agency said, quoting a ministry spokesman.
The first secretary was "in contact with an Iraqi citizen, Abdul Amir Hasnun who is implicated in the explosion on March 24 and has carried out activities which are incompatible with his diplomatic work," the spokesman said.
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- U.S. orders expulsion of Iraqi diplomat
- Iraq: Al Qaeda claims abduction of Egypt envoy as two other diplomats from Islamic states attacked
- Iraq calls nations to keep diplomats in Baghdad as Italy set to start withdrawal
- UN diplomat: Iraq considers dropping illegal oil surcharge
- Anti-Daesh allies seek strong Iraqi army