Bahrain to Forge Gulf Environmental Activities
Bahrain is to play a key role in strengthening and coordinating environmental activities in the Gulf region, reported the Gulf Daily News on Wednesday.
The coordination of environmental activities will be discussed Wednesday at a meeting being hosted by the United Nations Environment Programs (UNEP) Bahrain-based Regional Office for West Asia, in cooperation with the GCC Secretariat.
Attending will be national representatives of ministries responsible for the environment in the GCC states and regional representatives from the GCC Secretariat.
The Regional Organization for the Protection of the Marine Environment (ROPME), the Regional Organization of the Environment of the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden (PERSGA) and the UN Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) will also be represented at the meeting.
According to UNEP’s regional information officer Shereen Zorba, the meeting is being held to strengthen the links between the principal regional and national environmental bodies in the region.
The meeting will discuss measures to avoid the duplication of regional activities and ensure that environmental activities undertaken are in line with the priorities of the region as a whole, and the UNEP regional programs, she said – Albawaba.com
- Batelco to host regional celebrations for UNEP World Environment Day - **Kick the Habit! Towards a Low Carbon Economy**
- Bahrain to Host Preparatory Meeting of UN Environment Conference
- Arab World Urged to Unite for Green Cause
- Links between Environment, Health and Poverty on Agenda at UNEP Meeting
- MAJOR GLOBAL MEETING ON ENVIRONMENT TO BE HELD IN THE UAE