Bahrain to Issue New Visa rules for Women Tourists
Bahrain is to tighten rules governing the entry into the country of women travelling alone, an official at the information ministry said.
He said all single women tourists must possess entry visas before travelling to Bahrain, the Gulf Daily quoted him as saying.
“They would not be issued visas at Bahrain airport or other entry points,” he said.
According to the official, the aim is to promote Bahrain’s tourism industry and encourage family tourism based on the customs and traditions of the country.
Women travelling alone, who wish to come to Bahrain as a tourist or for work, must obtain their visas from Bahraini embassies abroad or through sponsors, travel agencies or other establishments in Bahrain, said the official -- Albawaba.com
- Eased up: Bahrain to issue multiple entry visas
- Rules Tightened for Moroccan Women Coming to UAE
- Making life easier for tourists? New visa system in place for UAE starting August 1st
- Gulf travelers unlikely to be fazed by new visa rule
- We're all going on a summer holiday! Saudi may ease tourist visa rules