Bahrain Rated Third Best for Environmental Protection Efforts
Bahrain has been rated third best in the world by an international organization for its environmental protection, reported the Gulf Daily News.
The London-based Green Organization presented Bahrain with the International Green Apple Award for Environment Best Practice.
Bahrain received the Bronze Award at a ceremony held at the Mayfair International Hotel in London, said the paper.
The southern African kingdom of Lesotho won the Gold Award and the Malawi Republic took the Silver Award.
Bahrain’s Minister of State for Municipalities and Environment Jawad Al Arrayed said Bahrain was the only Middle East country chosen.
"The Green Organization studied the environmental achievements of 193 establishments and government agencies from 47 countries before selecting the award winners," Al Arrayed told the paper.
"We are proud that our environmental conservation campaigns are paying off.
"It is a rare honor that our contributions towards a global campaign to save our planet have won international attention." – Albawaba.com
- MEEZA and QMDI win the Qatar Today Green Award for saving 9,000km of paper at UNEP Ozone Conference
- Ford Motor Company conservation and Environmental Grants Programme Awards USD100,000 to 12 Local Organisations
- Fitch re-affirms Bahrain-based GIB's credit rating
- Canon contributes to conservation efforts at Wadi Wurayah National Park
- EMGAS receives ISO 26000 Standard with 3-Star rating in Social Responsibility Performance