Bahrain Urges US to Help Stop Israeli Attacks on Palestinians
Bahrain on Monday urged the US to help end Israel’s ongoing aggression against the Palestinians, during a meeting between Prime Minister Sheikh Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa and US Middle East envoy William Burns in Manama.
Burns arrived earlier Monday in Manama, coming from Kuwait where he held talks with top Kuwait officials on the Palestinian crisis and Iraq, reported the Gulf Daily News.
Talks between Bahrain’s prime minister and Burns also focused on the progress of bilateral cooperation in various fields.
Burns, the US assistant secretary of state for Near East Affairs, is on a tour of the region aimed at consolidating a declared Israeli-Palestinian ceasefire.
The US envoy, said the paper, commended Bahrain’s leading role in cementing stability and security in the Arabian Gulf region and preserving international peace, while underlining Bahrain’s prominent status at both regional and international levels – Albawaba.com
- Bahrain Urges US to Stop Israeli Attacks on Palestinians
- Israeli troops kill three Palestinian civilians in West Bank, but Bush calls PA to stop attacks against Israel
- UAE Urges the United States to Stop Israeli Attacks Against the Palestinians
- Saudi Urges US to Exert Pressure to Stop Israel
- Yemeni President Calls on Bush to Stop Israeli Attacks on Palestinians