Bahrain Works on all Fronts to Help Victims of the Airbus Crash
Bahrain has been working on all fronts to help the families of the victims of the Gulf Airbus 320 which crashed last Wednesday off the Bahraini coast killing all 143 people on board, reported Bahrain Tribune.
The Bahraini Crown Prince Sheikh Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifah told the daily that a committee headed by the minister of justice and Islamic affairs has been set up to outline a plan which would provide every means of assistance to support members of the grieving families and help them overcome their psychological, social and material hardships.
In the meantime, the Tribune said that retrieval work is in full swing to recover all personal belongings and debris left from the crash.
More than fifty divers working in three teams are putting in two-hour shifts. So far, the tribune added, the workers have found fifteen bags of personal belongings, and body parts of the victims.
Authorities told the Bahrain Tribune that it will probably take a few weeks to scour the entire area.
The flight data recorder and the cockpit voice recorder have already been sent to the US for analysis. Gulf Air, reported the Tribune, announced that all records and files relevant to the crash have been passed on to the Accident Investigation Board, set up by the Bahrain Civil Aviation Authority, which met on Saturday to study all aspects of the accident -- Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Probe into Bahrain Airbus Crash Begins as Families Identify Victims
- Blackboxes from Gulf Air Crash En Route to Washington from Bahrain
- Official: Final Gulf Air Crash Report Release ‘Imminent'
- Gulf Air Rules out ‘for the Moment’ Human Error as Crash Cause
- 143 Passengers Killed in Gulf Air Plane Crash off Bahrain