Bahraini Banks Merge to Strengthen Operations
Two Bahraini banks announced a merger Friday in a bid to consolidate their market base, reported the daily Bahrain Tribune.
The combined entity of Al Ahli Commercial Bank and the Commercial Bank of Bahrain will have a roughly 21 percent share of the Bahrain banking market, said the paper.
The merger will build on the existing strengths of both banks and will enable further expansion of products and services to a wider customer base within Bahrain, the banks' joint statement said – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Bahraini Industrialists Urge Gov’t Promotion Campaigns for Local Products
- Zain enters into agreement to merge Jordan operation with Palestinian operator Paltel
- Two of Bahrain biggest banks to merge soon
- Emirates Bank International and National Bank of Dubai Announce Terms of their Proposed Merger - Merged bank to be called Emirates NBD PJSC
- Two Banks Set to Merge in Bahrain