Bahraini Campaigner: Water Pipe Harmful than Cigarettes
People who believe shisha (water pipe) smoking poses less of a threat to health than cigarettes are deluding themselves, a leading Bahraini anti-smoking campaigner said.
Smokers may claim that shisha is not addictive but they have overlooked the fact that it exposes the lungs to tobacco for far longer than cigarettes, said Salah Ali, cited by the Gulf Daily News.
People should realize that each cigarette averages a total of five minutes in a smokers hand while the shisha pipe lasts for a good half-an-hour or more, he said.
“Sometimes people sit and smoke two different heads in one go, so you can only imagine the number of deep drags or inhalations a smoker will take during that period.”
Ali stressed that any form of tobacco consumption whether chewing or smoking tobacco or smoking cigars or shisha was harmful to health – Albawaba.com
- Cuba acknowledges tobacco health risk
- Davidoff Slims Cigarettes Limited Edition Packs designed by Luisa Beccaria arrive in Kuwait
- Bubbly, but deadly: Experts say shisha is far more harmful than cigarettes
- Daesh's overlooked water threat
- AUB team conduct research to help snuff out nargileh and cigarette smoking