Bahraini King receives Iraqi Foreign Minister
Bahrain’s King Sheikh Hamad Ben Isa Al Khleefa received on Saturday Iraqi President Saddam Hussein’s envoy, Foreign Minister Naji Sabri.
Sabri handed the King of Bahrain a letter concerning bilateral relations, issues of joint interest and the current situation in the region, in wake of “aggressive US threats,” the official Iraq News Agency reported Sunday.
Sheikh Hamad asked Sabri to convey his greetings and best wishes to President Saddam Hussein. In addition, he expressed Manama’s keenness on Iraq’s safety and sovereignty because Iraq’s security means security throughout the entire region, INA said.
Crown Prince of Bahrain, Commander General of Defense Force Sheikh Salman Ben Hamad Al Khalifa, and Bahraini Prime Minister Khalifa Ben Salman separately received Foreign Minister Sabri. They expressed Bahrain’s keenness on maintaining Iraq’s security and discussed bilateral relations and means of promoting them. (Albawaba.com)
- British Prime Minister receives King of Bahrain
- Jordanian Foreign Minister holds talks on Iraq with German, Egyptian and Bahraini counterparts
- Bahraini King receives the visiting Qatari Minister of Interior Affairs
- Thai King to receive Cambodian Foreign Minister
- Syrian Foreign Minister receives Bahraini counterpart in London