Bahrain's King receives top US Middle-East envoy for talks
Bahrain's Kind Hamad told visiting US Middle East envoy William Burns Wednesday of the need to avert a US-led war on Baghdad for the sake of security and stability throughout the region.
The King stressed to Burns, assistant US secretary of state for Near East affairs, the need for a "peaceful solution to avert a war in the region and for Iraq to implement international resolutions on its disarmament," BNA news agency reported.
In addition, the two men reviewed the situation in the Palestinian territories, with King Hamad stressing the "need for reviving the peace process in the Middle East in a way that guarantees the Palestinians' rights," the agency added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- EU Middle East Envoy Has New ‘Ideas’ to Implement Sharm el-Sheikh Accord
- Clinton to Send Middle East Envoy Ross to Israel
- Jordan King receives China’s Middle-East envoy
- EV Group Strengthens Presence in Middle East With Order Win From King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- Middle East Peace Diplomacy Quickens as Palestinian Death Toll Mounts