Bangladesh Opposition MP Among Seven Killed in Road Accident
An opposition lawmaker and six other passengers were killed when the bus they were on collided head on with a truck in northern Bangladesh Friday, the official BSS news agency reported.
Rafikul Islam Bakul, an MP from the main opposition Bangladesh Nationalist Party of former Prime Minister Khaleda Zia, was fatally injured in the late evening accident on a highway in Tangail district.
He died after being rushed to a hospital in nearby Sirajganj town, the agency said, quoting local police.
Six of his co-passengers on the long-distance bus from Dhaka died on the spot, it said, but gave no other details -- DHAKA (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Two Gambian Opposition MPs Killed in Road Accident
- Eight Palestinians Injured in Nablus Blast
- Two members of opposition parties killed in a road accident
- Israeli Journalist: Violence will not End in Palestinian Territories Unless Root Causes are Removed
- Seven Killed, six Injured in Road Accident in Iran