Bank of Jordan Further Expands Its Educational Initiatives
Bank of Jordan has announced the signing of a memorandum of understanding with the Ministry of Education and Save the Children. Under the terms of the agreement, Bank of Jordan will enable the establishment of the first career guidance center at the Sweileh Comprehensive School for Girls.
The establishment of the career guidance center signifies Bank of Jordan's steadfast support for community-based educational reform initiatives. Along with providing the center with the required fittings and fixtures, Bank of Jordan will also offer school counselors the chance to become more acquainted with the Bank's various divisions in an effort to increase their awareness of each department's role. Bank hopes that the scheme will enable counselors to better advise children and youth on the opportunities and skills required within Jordan's growing banking sector.
"At Bank of Jordan, we are committed to exposing children to the world around them and to helping prepare the next generation of young, responsible citizens for the labor market," said Rami Malki, head of Marketing and Public Relations at Bank of Jordan. "This conviction underpins the support we lend to educational initiatives across the country, and we are proud to be working with the Ministry of Education and Save the Children," he added.
The establishment of career guidance centers in educational institutions across the country comes as part of the USAID-funded "School to Career" program, implemented by Save the Children in cooperation with the Ministry of Education. The center will encourage students to evaluate their skills and explore jobs that suit their abilities and fit labor market needs.
The memorandum of understanding was signed on the 29th of November 2010 by each of the following organizational representatives: Rami Malki Head of Marketing and Public Relations from Bank of Jordan; Dr.Ahmad Al-Ayasrah, Secretary General of the Ministry of Education and David and Polit Hassell of Save the Children.
- • Qatar’s economy maintains its growth momentum with the constant addition of various projects that further expands the economy
- Jordan Islamic Bank for Finance and Investment Funds University and College Education Programs of Al-Aman Fund Beneficiaries
- Jordan Ahli Bank signs agreement with Save the Children Jordan to support “Combating Anemia Campaign”
- Investbank further expands scope of services through its subsidiaries
- Iraq's Ministry of Health and USAID Sign Memorandum of Understanding to Increase Cooperation in Public Management