Barak Adviser to Travel to Jordan Sunday
Security adviser to Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak, Danny Yatom, will travel to Amman Sunday to meet with King Abdullah, reported AFP.
"Yatom will meet with King Abdullah about the latest developments in talks with the Palestinians," an Israeli government spokesman said Saturday.
Yatom has made several visits to Jordan and Egypt, the two countries that have signed a peace treaty with Israel.
In the meantime, Haaretz newspaper reported Sunday that Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak and Syrian President Bashar Assad spoke via telephone Saturday night to discuss the latest developments in the Middle East and the renewal of contacts between Israel and the Palestinians.
Syria has expressed strong opposition to the renewed talks, according to Haaretz -- Albawaba.com
- Jordan\'s King Urges Palestinians, Israelis to Seize \'Historic Opportunity\' for Peace
- Jordan's King Abdullah Has Talks with Mubarak
- Barak Aide Arrives in Cairo for Talks with Mubarak
- Joint Israeli-Jordanian Committee to Meet in Amman Wednesday
- Mubarak Heads to Syria Monday for Talks with Syrian President