Barak Adviser to Travel to Jordan Sunday
Security adviser to Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak, Danny Yatom, will travel to Amman Sunday to meet with King Abdullah, reported AFP.
"Yatom will meet with King Abdullah about the latest developments in talks with the Palestinians," an Israeli government spokesman said Saturday.
Yatom has made several visits to Jordan and Egypt, the two countries that have signed a peace treaty with Israel.
In the meantime, Haaretz newspaper reported Sunday that Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak and Syrian President Bashar Assad spoke via telephone Saturday night to discuss the latest developments in the Middle East and the renewal of contacts between Israel and the Palestinians.
Syria has expressed strong opposition to the renewed talks, according to Haaretz -- Albawaba.com
- Barak Orders Pull out of Stockholm Talks
- Israeli PM\'s Security Adviser in Middle East Talks in Moscow
- Barak meets Abbas in Amman
- Jordanian FM: Barak to Discuss Peace Process with Jordan's King Abdullah
- Powell Leaves to Region on Sunday But Plans No Meeting With Arafat; Abed Rabbo Briefly Detained By Israeli Troops